Thursday, August 23, 2012

Walking on Water

Next, we left the temple with all our family that could make it and close friends. We went to a luncheon at Mimi's Cafe. We had some yummy food and got to spend time with our family. One of my favorite memories from that luncheon was all our family and friends got up and introduced themselves and said a little something to us if they wanted to. It was really special to get to hear so many stories, memories and advice from our family and friends.

After the luncheon Colton and I went and got our bags and headed out to the Desert Sheraton Oasis where we spent our first night as Mr. and Mrs.! We had Jason's Deli delivered and watched movies all night. I must admit my entire wedding day was so relaxed and I got to enjoy every moment of it, which I'm grateful!

The next morning we checked out of our hotel and headed to the Phoenix airport to catch a flight over to San Antonio, Texas. On the way there, bare in mind I am blonde, I forgot my id back at my house. We left the resort with just enough time to make it to the airport. Let's just say Colton got to see exactly how fast, and safely of course, he could drive back to Mesa and then on to the airport. Lucky for us, and I have NO idea how it worked out, we got to the airport in time and didn't miss our flight.

TEXAS! I had never been to Texas before. Since we both had school and work we decided to take a short trip somewhere that weekend and go on a bigger honeymoon during the winter break. Colton didn't tell me where we were going until we arrived at the airport. We stayed in the most awesome hotel on the Riverwalk from Friday until Monday. 

Friday and Saturday:

Friday we rented our car and drove around in... the green hamster car from the commercials. I know what you are all thinking and yes, it is completely alright to be jealous of our sweet ride! After we checked in our room we wanted to go explore the Riverwalk. We spent the rest of the day Friday and all of Saturday walking around, going on boat tours, seeing the Alamo (which is tiny), shopping and eating delicious food!




Right out of our hotel

 

 The Riverwalk

The dessert that Wild Forrest Cafe gave us for getting married. This dessert alone was worth getting married ;) Only joking of course, but only a little...

The boat tour that takes you around the whole Riverwalk

You literally walk on water



Sunday:
The last full day of our first honeymoon. Sunday we got up and drove over to Dallas. The drive there was so green and lush, unlike Arizona. We went to Sea World in Dallas! I got to touch a dolphin which I told Colton was something I had always wanted to do and my cute husband made it happen. 

"Awweee" moment: a baby killer whale was born just a couple weeks before we got there and he swam next to his mama the whole time. When she would jump out of the water he would just float around waiting for her to dive back in. They even taught him to wave. Made me want to get my own for my pool back at our house. 







Monday Morning:

Our flight home was in the afternoon on Monday and we decided to find this TINY zoo and go check it out on the way to the airport.


For those of you who know me, you know I am OBSESSED with elephants!So naturally I had to take like 100 pictures with them




We then got on a plane and flew back to Mesa, Arizona where we were forced to come back to reality and go back to school and work. We quickly got into a routine back home. I attempted, and sometimes failed, at making dinners, slept in until 9am-10am every morning and worked every night until 6:30pm. Colton went to school a couple days a week and got up at 5:30am to work out, go to work and be home by 2:30pm. Life being married felt so normal to me because I married the best guy out there, sorry ladies you all settled for second best ;) Colton and I spent the first few weeks of being married staying up every night talking for hours instead of sleeping. We still continue to do this almost two years later at least once or twice a week. Those were and are my favorite memories because we stay up talking about everything and anything and laugh a LOT. Why go to sleep when nothing in your dreams could be better than what is right next to you? 

The girl whose dreams can't compete with real life, Erica




No comments:

Post a Comment