Monday, August 13, 2012

Playing Hard to Get

As I got to know a little more about Colton's dating history since being back from his mission (at this point it was over 2 years since he had been home) I came to realize he hadn't kissed a girl since BEFORE he left on his mission and hadn't been on many multiple dates with the same person. Ladies and gentlemen that means it had been four years since he had kissed anyone. I quickly changed my opinion of him from being a "ladies man" to being a true gentleman.

After our first date I was pretty interested in Colton (I even made him a card and got a little bucket full of all his favorite things and took it to him the next day after our first date). He continued to ask me out and I continued to accept his offers. Colton made it VERY clear that he wanted to date other people and wasn't looking for anything serious. Still, I was hopeful. October came and went with us just being "friends" that went on dates. Near the middle/ end of November things got crazy at school and work and I wasn't able to go out with him the rest of the month. He texted me every few weeks but nothing too exciting (trust me, if there were some juicy details to share I would but sadly... there aren't any). In early December I took a trip out to California to visit my best friend Conger at USD. Colton had called me while I was out there but I was trying to play "hard to get" and "accidently" hit ignore on his call. He text me after and asked if I would go out with him that same weekend. I didn't reply until after I got home and told him I had been busy. Maybe I hurt his feelings but I never heard back from him. 

It had now been almost two months since I had been out with Colton and I must admit I was a little crushed. Colton is everything a girl should want to look for in a guy. He always opened my doors, told me how nice I looked, was charming, goofy, handsome, polite, considerate, understanding, etc. One night I had been out with friends and I was driving home with my best friend/brother Stewart. That night I told him how upset I had been that Colton wasn't showing more interest in me and that I thought he had found someone better to date. Stewart and I creeped on Colton and drove by his house to see if he was home. I held my breath as we drove by and to my happy surprise all the lights at his house were off and no cars were out front except for his.  As if that was going to be solid proof he wasn't dating anyone else, one night at home alone. Yeah, definitely a brilliant fool-proof plan right there on my part. haha! I text him saying "Hey I just drove by your house. I hope you are doing great!" He didn't respond until the next morning saying "I have missed seeing you. Will you go out with me this weekend?" Bold. To the point. Made me happy. I text him back saying "Pick me up Friday at 7 :)". The hardest part... waiting almost a full week to see him again and managing the butterflies I felt.

The girl who played hard to get, Erica

1 comment:

  1. Erica, this is absolutely amazing and beautiful....can't believe what insight you're sharing and how wonderful this story is shaping up to be. Many would think this is the perfect story and romance. I await your next update with anticipation.

    ReplyDelete