Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Butterflies

Butterflies. That's all I could think about as I was waiting for Colton to pick me up. It had been almost two months since I had seen him and I was excited! When he got there he was looking handsome, like extremely handsome. I was surprised how easily things went back to the way they had been in November. It was like no time had passed by at all. We went to Olive Garden, my favorite restaurant, and then went to Harkins to watch The Princess and the Frog. This was the first time we had ever been out to see a movie in theaters.

Waiting in the movie theater for the movie to start I got that "little kid on Christmas morning" excitement hoping that Colton would hold my hand for the first time. As the lights began to dim, Colton turned to me and asked, "If you were a pirate would you like to have your parrot on this shoulder (placing an imaginary parrot on my shoulder closest to his) or on this shoulder (putting his arm around me to my other shoulder)?" From there I just smiled, I thought it was a little cheesy but totally adorable, and snuggled up to Colton. He held my other hand and we sat that way the whole movie. I was afraid if I moved an inch he might let go and that would be the end of that. 


After the movie, as we were driving home, Colton actually apologized for holding my hand and being so straight forward. All I could think was "how adorable is he!?" I told him I was more than happy to hold his hand anytime. Colton dropped me off at my house, hugged me (and yes I know you all are very disappointed there was not a little goodnight smooch) and then he left. From then on Colton began to call and text me every day. I think it goes without saying but I'll say it anyways... I was ECSTATIC! Finally, "cute neighbor boy" was falling for me. 


Two weeks after holding hands for the first time, Colton and I were hanging out at his house and had just finished watching X-Files. I told him I was tired and asked him to take me home. When I stood up he pulled me close to hug me and then said "I want to kiss you Erica Olsen" and he kissed me, for the first time. My heart raced and I am sure I had the biggest smile on my face after...but that first kiss was the first time I had ever felt that special. Colton had not kissed anyone since before his mission and I was the lucky girl that got the privilege of kissing him. He took me home, didn't kiss me at the door (strange, I know), but he did tell me how beautiful I was before he left. I am pretty sure I fell asleep smiling the biggest smile that night and woke up the next morning with that same smile on my face.


The girl who likes her imaginary pirate parrot on the farthest shoulder, Erica

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you started a blog!!! Seriously, I have loved reading your adorable little love story! :)

    ReplyDelete