Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Girl Who Wore the White Dress


The next big thing for us to do...pick a date! We decided to get married over Labor Day weekend on Thursday, September 2nd, 2010 in the Mesa, Arizona temple. That way we could always have a long weekend to celebrate together. Honestly, the four months of our engagement are a little bit of a blur because of how much there was to plan, decide, do, etc and with work, school and vacations it was a busy few months. A special thanks goes out to my wonderful mother who spent many hours making sure my wedding was exactly what I wanted and for making all the food for our reception.

The night before we got married Colton had school until 10pm so I wasn't able to see him that night. I did however spend the evening over at his house talking to his parents. Colton loves knights and I took him a knight statue that said "Thank you for being my knight in shining armor". His mom is one of the most welcoming and loving people that I know and she gave me some great advice about marriage. That's one of my favorite memories that I have of her so far. At the time I was living with my brother in the house we grew up in because my parents had bought a farm down in Lehi and were trying to sell our old house. As I was about to fall asleep I got a text from Colton saying "See you in the morning beautiful". Everyone told me that I wouldn't sleep much the night before I got married and let me tell you, they were all wrong! I had one of the best nights sleep of my life! There was nothing to be nervous or worry about. I was about to marry the young man of my dreams in the most beautiful place to get married. I fell asleep wondering how I ever got so lucky. 

In the morning, my sister and mom came over to do my make-up and I did my own hair. My sister laughed at me most of the morning because dresses are definitely not my style and neither was being all girly girl. My mom drove me to the temple where I met up with Colton and saw him for the first time that day. I got out of my mom's car and ran (or awkwardly skipped/ tripped/ stumbled) over to Colton, who had a GIANT smile on his face. We took pictures of just us, some with our families, and then headed into the temple to be sealed for time and all eternity. We were sealed at 10:30am on Thursday, September 2nd, 2010. That's when my real life began. Words can't express the feelings I felt that entire day. Lucky, happy and excited are all understatements. I know without any doubt that Colton Kent Walker is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Every morning I wake up next to my best friend, the best husband, and most handsome guy around. Life cannot possibly get any better, yet every day I get to spend with Colton it always does. 

What would a story like this be without some wedding day pictures? Enjoy! Also, thank you to Brittney Gurr for taking all our pictures and doing an absolute wonderful job on them! 


















“True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends.” 


The girl who wore a white dress, Erica



1 comment: