Saturday, August 25, 2012

Our Reception Party

We had a few weeks to get adjusted to the married life and get Colton all moved in. Until the house I grew up in sold, we would be living in it to take care of it. It was really cool to live in a two story, five bedroom house just the two of us but when Colton would go to school I would go over to my parents house because it was creepy to be home alone. Three weeks after our wedding day, on September 25th 2010, we had our reception. Some people didn't agree with how we did it, and were questioning it, but I am so glad we did it that way! Our actual wedding day got to be just about our sealing in the temple and our reception night we got to just party and have a great time, not feel exhausted after a long day, and get to actually enjoy everything. Another main reason we did it this way was to have our reception outside at my parent's house and have it not be in the 100 degrees at 7pm. Again a special thanks goes out to my mother who really planned everything for our reception and to her wonderful friends who helped her with all the food.

Warning: possible picture overload:



The walkway into the backyard




We had a really fun photo booth

That hand drawn picture in the top right was a wedding present from my friend Chris Kennison :)





Caramel apple bar! 


My sweet grandma made our cupcake cake for our wedding


My mom in her natural working environment that entire night









I love this picture of my dad for some reason









These little boys are ADORABLE! They aren't little anymore but I used to sit with them every Sunday in church when they were little to help! Pretty sure the best hug I got all night was from Daniel (the one closest in the picture). He gives the best hugs!



This little guy loves his Uncle Colton!


Mark and Rob, Colton's best friends



I'm pretty sure I fed Cole close to 5 cupcakes that night.

Now don't me wrong, I LOVED seeing everyone there and had a blast but this was my favorite part:

 My best friend Conger surprised me by showing up when she had told me days before she wouldn't be there. For once, she actually fooled me!








I loved our reception! Colton and I both felt so loved by everyone that showed up to support us. I was exhausted by the end of the night so I have no idea how people have a wedding and reception in the same day. I give all those who do that a big virtual high five. I made it a person rule that Colton and I weren't going to use any of the gifts we got until I had written thank you cards and sent them out. Yes, I'm going to brag a little about myself because I wrote 350 hand-written personalized thank you notes and mailed them in less than a week. GO ME!

The girl who fed all the little kids unlimited cupcakes at the reception, Erica




No comments:

Post a Comment